Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catholic Guilt

It's obvious I need to blog more frequently. It's been over a month since I blogged here. Part of that is because I gave up the internet, save 30 minutes a day, for Lent. One has to have at least 30 minutes to check email, order books, etc. What I found out was:

  • I got a lot more real, read "creative", writing done
  • I tend to engage in more impulse buying at amazon.com when I only have 30 minutes to shop
  • As a Catholic candidate, I suck.
I did really well for the first 3 weeks. Got a lot of writing done. Well, not done but I wrote a lot and not just journaling but beginnings of stories that I've thought about writing for a long time. I was way more creative. But then, I don't know what happened, I just stayed online longer. I started bargaining. Like I'd look stuff up for other people but sneak some of my own "surfing" in there. Now I'm back to being a blatant internet junkie and Lent abuser. I really do suck.

I suddenly feel very guilty so I'm going to log off and go do my chi machine.

No comments: